Disease-modifying therapy in multiple sclerosis and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy: common and divergent current and future strategies
Version of Record online: 4 FEB 2014
© 2013 British Society for Immunology
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 175, Issue 3, pages 359–372, March 2014
How to Cite
Melzer, N. and Meuth, S. G. (2014), Disease-modifying therapy in multiple sclerosis and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy: common and divergent current and future strategies. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 175: 359–372. doi: 10.1111/cei.12195
- Issue online: 4 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 4 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 AUG 2013 06:51AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 AUG 2013
- Fresenius Medical Care
- Biogen Idec
- Bayer Schering
- Merck Serono
- Novo Nordisk
- 8Randomised double-blind placebo-controlled study of interferon beta-1a in relapsing/remitting multiple sclerosis. PRISMS (Prevention of Relapses and Disability by Interferon beta-1a Subcutaneously in Multiple Sclerosis) Study Group. Lancet 1998; 352:1498–1504.
- 21Copolymer 1 reduces relapse rate and improves disability in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: results of a phase III multicenter, double-blind placebo-controlled trial. The Copolymer 1 Multiple Sclerosis Study Group. Neurology 1995; 45:1268–1276., , et al.
- 22Biogen Idec. Biogen Idec announces positive top-line results from Phase 3 study of peginterferon beta-1a in multiple sclerosis. Weston, MA: Biogen Idec; 2013.
- 26A multinational, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study to assess the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of glatiramer acetate 40 mg injection three times a week in subjects with RRMS: efficacy and safety results of the GALA study. Abstract, 65th American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting. 2013., , , , .
- 38Efficacy and safety of Privigen((R)) in patients with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy: results of a prospective, single-arm, open-label Phase III study (the PRIMA study). J Peripher Nerv Syst 2013; 18:130–140., , et al.
- 49Sanofi/Genzyme. Genzyme reports positive top-line results of TOWER, a pivotal Phase III trial for AUBAGIOTM* (teriflunomide) in relapsing multiple sclerosis. Sanofi/Genzyme. 2012.
- 50Teriflunomide for multiple sclerosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012; (12)CD009882., , et al.
- 54Long-term safety and tolerability of oral BG-12 (dimethyl fumarate) in relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis: interim results from ENDORSE. 28th Congress of the European Committee for the Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis. 2012., , et al.
- 56TEVA Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Results of Phase III BRAVO trial reinforce unique profile of laquinimod for multiple sclerosis treatment. Tikva, Israel: TEVA; 2011.
- 57TEVA Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. First patient enrolled in third Phase III of oral laquinimod for relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis. Tikva, Israel: TEVA; 2013.
- 74Hoffmann-LaRoche. Phase II study showed ocrelizumab maintained significant reduction in disease activity for multiple sclerosis patients for almost two years. Basel, Switzerland: Hoffmann-LaRoche; 2011.
- 75GlaxoSmithKline. Genmab announces results of ofatumumab Phase II study in multiple sclerosis. Princeton, NJ: GlaxoSmithKline. 2010.
- 76GlaxoSmithKline. GlaxoSmithKline and Genmab refocus development programme for ofatumumab in autoimmune indications. Princeton, NJ: GlaxoSmith Kline. 2010.
- 79Biogen Idec. Biogen Idec and Abbott announce enrollment of first patient in global Phase III study of daclizumab for relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis. Weston, MA: Biogen Idec. 2010.