Effects of Janus kinase inhibitor tofacitinib on circulating serum amyloid A and interleukin-6 during treatment for rheumatoid arthritis
Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2014
© 2013 British Society for Immunology
Clinical & Experimental Immunology
Volume 175, Issue 2, pages 208–214, February 2014
How to Cite
Migita, K., Izumi, Y., Jiuchi, Y., Kozuru, H., Kawahara, C., Izumi, M., Sakai, T., Nakamura, M., Motokawa, S., Nakamura, T. and Kawakami, A. (2014), Effects of Janus kinase inhibitor tofacitinib on circulating serum amyloid A and interleukin-6 during treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, 175: 208–214. doi: 10.1111/cei.12234
- Issue online: 3 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 NOV 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 OCT 2013
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. Grant Number: C23591452
- 7The safety and efficacy of a JAK inhibitor in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled phase IIa trial of three dosage levels of CP-690,550 versus placebo. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60:1895–1905., , et al.
- 8Improved pain, physical functioning and health status in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with CP-690,550, an orally active Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor: results from a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69:413–416., , et al.
- 10A phase IIb dose-ranging study of the oral JAK inhibitor tofacitinib (CP-690,550) versus placebo in combination with background methotrexate in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate alone. Arthritis Rheum 2012; 64:970–981., , et al.
- 11Phase IIb dose-ranging study of the oral JAK inhibitor tofacitinib (CP-690,550) or adalimumab monotherapy versus placebo in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis with an inadequate response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs. Arthritis Rheum 2012; 64:617–629., , et al.
- 19IL-6 plays a critical role in the synergistic induction of human serum amyloid A (SAA) gene when stimulated with proinflammatory cytokines as analyzed with an SAA isoform real-time quantitative RT-PCR assay system. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2004; 314:363–369., , , , , .
- 20Acute-phase serum amyloid A regulates tumor necrosis factor α and matrix turnover and predicts disease progression in patients with inflammatory arthritis before and after biologic therapy. Arthritis Rheum 2012; 64:1035–1045., , et al.