When Conventional Heart Failure Therapy is Not Enough: Angiotensin Receptor Blocker, Direct Renin Inhibitor, or Aldosterone Antagonist?
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Congestive Heart Failure
Volume 19, Issue 3, pages 107–115, May/June 2013
How to Cite
Bangalore, S., Kumar, S. and Messerli, F. H. (2013), When Conventional Heart Failure Therapy is Not Enough: Angiotensin Receptor Blocker, Direct Renin Inhibitor, or Aldosterone Antagonist?. Congestive Heart Failure, 19: 107–115. doi: 10.1111/chf.12011
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
- Manuscript received: August 15, 2012; revised: September 19, 2012; accepted: September 30, 2012
- 12009 focused update: ACCF/AHA Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Heart Failure in Adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines: developed in collaboration with the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. Circulation. April 2009;119:1977–2016., , , et al.
- 2ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2008: the Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) and endorsed by the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM). Eur Heart J. October 2008;29:2388–2442., , , et al.
- 3ESC guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2012: the Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2012 of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC. Eur Heart J. July 2012;33:1787–1847., , , et al.
- 6Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.0.0 ed. Chichester: The Cochrane Collaboration; 2008., .
- 8Bayesian Approaches to Clinical Trials and Health-Care Evaluation. Statistics in Practice. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd; 2004., , .
- 10AIRE Study Investigators. Effect of ramipril on mortality and morbidity of survivors of acute myocardial infarction with clinical evidence of heart failure. The Acute Infarction Ramipril Efficacy (AIRE) Study Investigators. Lancet. October 1993;342:821–828.
- 23Randomized, double-blind, multicenter, placebo-controlled study evaluating the effect of aldosterone antagonism with eplerenone on ventricular remodeling in patients with mild-to-moderate heart failure and left ventricular systolic dysfunction. Circ Heart Fail. May 2010;3:347–353., , , et al.