Aldosterone Antagonists: Evidence-Based Yet Underutilized Effective Heart Failure Therapy
Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Congestive Heart Failure
Volume 19, Issue 3, pages 105–106, May/June 2013
How to Cite
Lavie, C. J., DiNicolantonio, J. J., O'Keefe, J. H. and Ventura, H. O. (2013), Aldosterone Antagonists: Evidence-Based Yet Underutilized Effective Heart Failure Therapy. Congestive Heart Failure, 19: 105–106. doi: 10.1111/chf.12022
- Issue online: 3 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2013
- 4Immediate administration of mineralo-corticoid receptor antagonist spironolactone prevents post-infarct left ventricular remodeling associated with suppression of a marker of myocardial collagen synthesis in patients with first anterior acute myocardial infarction. Circulation 2003;107:2559–2565., , , et al.
- 5Extracellular cardiac matrix biomarkers in patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by left ventricular dysfunction and heart failure: insights from the Eplerenone Post-Acute Myocardial Infarction Heart Failure Efficacy and Survival Study (EPHESUS) study. Circulation. 2009;119:2471–2479., , , et al.
- 14FDA Drug Safety Communication: New Warning and Contraindication for blood pressure medicines containing aliskiren (Tekturna). U.S. Food and Drug Administration – Protecting and Promoting Your Health, accessed online November 21, 2012.
- 17Aldosterone antagonists for the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease: systematic review and meta-analysis. Submitted 2013., , , et al.