The Radiant University: Space, Urban Redevelopment, and the Public Good
Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
© 2013 by the American Anthropological Association
City & Society
Volume 25, Issue 1, pages 47–69, April 2013
How to Cite
GREGORY, S. (2013), The Radiant University: Space, Urban Redevelopment, and the Public Good. City & Society, 25: 47–69. doi: 10.1111/ciso.12011
- Issue published online: 26 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
- Alee King Rosen and Fleming 2007 Neighborhood Conditions Study. AKRF http://www.esd.ny.gov/. Accessed 3 June 2009.
- 2008 Interview with Brian Lehrer. “The Brian Lehrer Show” WNYC. 3 July.
- 2011 Bloomberg's New York. Athens and London: University of Georgia Press.
- 2008 Tuck-It-Away Associates, L.P., Petitioner-Respondent, v. Empire State Development Corporation, Respondent-Appellant.
- 2006 Who Needs a Knowledge Economy. Social Scientist 34(1–2):77.
- Columbia University Record 1996 Fairway Draws Crowds to Harlem. Columbia University Record 21(17).
- Community Advisory Council 2004 Manhattanville in West Harlem Campus Project: Community Impact and Policy Recommendations.
- 2007 Piano, SOM's Columbia Plan Stirs Controversy. Architectural Record. June 18.
- 1969 The Age of Discontinuity. New York: Harper and Row.
- EarthTech Inc. 2008 Manhattanville Neighborhood Conditions Study. http://www.empire.state.ny.us/pdf/ColumbiaManhattanville/updatedconditions.htm Accessed 20 Aug 2009.
- 2002 The Rise of the Creative Class. New York: Basic Books.
- 1980 The Eye of Power. In Power/Knowledge: Selected Interviews and Other Writings 1972-1977. C. Gordon , ed. Pp. New York: Pantheon.
- 2007 Rage Building in Harlem. New York Daily News. 1 June.
- 2006 Square Feet: Along a Viaduct, a Restaurant Row Emerges. New York Times. June 7.
- 1998 Making the Second Ghetto: Race and Housing in Chicago 1940-1960. Chicago: University of Chicago.
- 1961 The Death and Life of Great American Cities. New York: Random House.
- 2002 Architectural Symbolism and the Rhetoric of Transparency: A Berlin Ghost Story. Journal of Urban History 29(1).
- 1920 The Street. In The Scenes of the Street and Other Essays. Anthony Vidler , ed. Pp. New York: Random House.
- 2003 From Glass Architecture to Big Brother. Cultural Studies Review 9(1).
- New York City Economic Development Corporation 2002 The West Harlem Master Plan Toward a New Waterfront. EDC.
- 2008 New State's Economic Development Agency OKs Eminent Domain in Columbia Project.” Genomeweb, 22 Dec. Accessed 10 Oct 2009.
- 2011 Standing Pat in a Post-Kelo World: Preservation of Broad Eminent Domain Power in Knaur v. New York State Development Corp. Boston College Law Review 52.
- 2004 The Knowledge Economy. Annual Review of Sociology 30. and
- 2008 Vital Signs Under the Viaduct. New York Times. 19 Oct.
- Tuck-it-Away et al. vs. New York State Urban Development Corporation.2009 New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division.
- 2011 The Scenes of the Street and Other Essays. New York: Random House.
- 1990 Justice and the Politics of Difference. Princeton: Princeton University.