The Changing Landscape of the Canadian Food Market: Ethnicity and the Market for Ethnic Food
Article first published online: 19 FEB 2013
© 2013 Canadian Agricultural Economics Society
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie
Volume 61, Issue 1, pages 1–13, March 2013
How to Cite
Cranfield, J. (2013), The Changing Landscape of the Canadian Food Market: Ethnicity and the Market for Ethnic Food. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, 61: 1–13. doi: 10.1111/cjag.12000
- Issue published online: 19 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 19 FEB 2013
- 2000. 100 years of immigration in Canada. Canadian Social Trends Autumn 2000: 2–13 Statistics Canada—Catalogue No. 11-008. and
- 1998. Changes in the structure of global food demand. American Journal of Agricultural Economics 80 (5): 1042–50. , , and
- 2007. Dietary transition strategies based on eating patterns and diet quality among Haitians of Montreal Canada. Public Health Nutrition 10 (5): 454–63. , , and
- 1995. Canadian immigration policy: The effectiveness of the point system and other instruments. Canadian Journal of Economics XXVIII (4b): 1006–41. and
- 1999. The economic goals of Canada's immigration policy: Past and present. Canadian Public Policy XXV (4): 425–51. and
- 2007. The road to whole farm programming in Canada. In Perspectives on 21st Century Agriculture: A Tribute to Walter J. Armbruster , edited by R. D. Knutson, S. D. Knutson and D. P. Ernstes, pp. 276–342. Oak Brook IL : The Farm Foundation.
- National Research Council. 2008. Changes in the Sheep Industry in the United States: Making the Transition from Tradition . Washington , DC : The National Academies Press.
- 1992. Development of a scale to measure the trait of food neophobia in humans. Appetite 19 (2): 105–20. and
- 2011. Determinants of changes in dietary patterns among Chinese immigrants: A cross-sectional analysis. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 8: 42. http://www.ijbnpa.org/content/8/1/42 (accessed October 31, 2012). , , and
- 2010. Acculturation: When individuals and groups of different cultural backgrounds meet. Perspectives of Psychological Science 5 (4): 472–81. and
- 2001. Development of scales to measure dietary acculturation among Chinese-Americans and Chinese-Canadians. Journal of the American Dietetics Association 101 (5): 548–53. , , , , and
- 2002. Dietary acculturation: Applications to nutrition research and dietetics. Journal of the American Dietetics Association 102 (8): 1105–18. , , and
- 2004. The tyranny of choice. Scientific American 290 (4): 71–75.
- Statistics Canada . 2005. Population and growth components tables (1851–2001 Censuses) . http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/demo03-eng.htm (accessed September 25, 2012).
- Statistics Canada. 2008. 2006 Census of Population, visible minority groups tables . http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/tbt/Rp-eng.cfm?LANG=%20E&APATH=3&DETAIL=0&DIM=0&FL=A&FREE=0&GC=0&GID=0&GK=0&GRP=1&PID=92337&PRID=0&PTYPE=88971,97154&S=0&SHOWALL=0&SUB=0&Temporal=2006&THEME=80&VID=0&VNAMEE=&VNAMEF (accessed September 25, 2012).
- Statistics Canada. 2012. The Canadian Population in 2011: Population Counts and Growth. Population and Dwelling Counts, 2011 Census—Catalogue No. 98-310-X2011001.
- Technomic. 2012. Ethnic Food & Beverage Consumer Trend Report . Chicago IL : Technomic, Inc.
- 2002. Dietary acculturation and health-related issues. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research 63 (2): 72–79. and
- 1996. Human Action , 4th ed. Irvington-on-Hudson , NY : Foundation for Economic Education.