Of Legacies and Icons: Evolution of Sea Turtle Science and Conservation
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2013
© 2013 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 27, Issue 4, pages 890–893, August 2013
How to Cite
CAMPBELL, L. M. and GODFREY, M. H. (2013), Of Legacies and Icons: Evolution of Sea Turtle Science and Conservation. Conservation Biology, 27: 890–893. doi: 10.1111/cobi.12110
- Issue online: 18 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2013
- 1999. In war, truth is the first casualty. Conservation Biology 13:1013–1016. , and .
- 2012. Seeing red: inside the science and politics of the IUCN Red List. Conservation and Society 10:367–380.
- 2005. Saving sea turtles: the evolution of the IUCN Marine Turtle Group. Endeavour 29:114–118.
- 1994. Last chance lost? Can and should farming save the green sea turtle? The story of Mariculture, Ltd.,—Cayman Turtle Farm. I.S. Naylor, York, Pennsylvania. , and .
- 2008. Seeing past the red: flawed IUCN global listings for sea turtles Endangered. Species Research 6:155–159. , and .
- 1997a. Sea turtles. Past and present utilization. Pages 88–96 in H. H. Roth and G. Mertz, editors. Wildlife resources: a global account of economic use. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
- 1997b. IUCN's credibility critically endangered. Nature 389:436.
- 1999. Status of the black turtle. Biological Conservation 13:1000–1003.
- 2000. Obstacles to objectivity: first impressions of a CITES CoP. Editorial. Marine Turtle Newsletter 89:1–4.
- 2008. Marine turtles and IUCN Red Listing: a review of the process, the pitfalls, and novel assessment approaches. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 356:52–68. , and .
- 2004. Sea turtles: a complete guide to their biology, behavior, and conservation. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Maryland.
- 2005. Long-term conservation efforts contribute to positive green turtle Chelonia mydas nesting trend at Tortuguero, Costa Rica. Biological Conservation 121:111–116. , and .