New Conservation Is True Conservation
Version of Record online: 4 DEC 2013
© 2013 Society for Conservation Biology
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 1–3, February 2014
How to Cite
MARVIER, M. (2014), New Conservation Is True Conservation. Conservation Biology, 28: 1–3. doi: 10.1111/cobi.12206
- Issue online: 28 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 4 DEC 2013
- 2013. Polls on the environment, energy, global warming, and nuclear power. Available from http://www.aei.org/paper/politics-and-public-opinion/polls/polls-on-the-environment-energy-global-warming-and-nuclear-power-april-2013/ (accessed September 2013). , , and .
- 2008. Field evidence that ecosystem service projects support biodiversity and diversify options. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 105:9445–9448. , , , and .
- 2012. Buying into conservation: intrinsic versus instrumental value. Trends in Ecology & Evolution 24:187–191. , , , and .
- 2003. Conserving biodiversity coldspots. American Scientist 91:344–351. , and .
- 2007. Conservation for the people. Scientific American 297:50–57. , and .
- 2012. What is conservation science? BioScience 62:962–969. , and .
- 2012. Winning back broad public support for conservation. Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences 2:291–295. , and .
- 2011. Protected area downgrading, downsizing, and degazettement (PADDD) and its conservation implications. Conservation Letters 4: 9–20. , and .
- 2011. Sinners, repent! How our natural self-bias got us into this mess. Available from http://grist.org/living/2011--12--30-sinners-repent-how-our-natural-self-bias-got-us-into-this-mess (accessed September 2013).
- 2000. Extinction by numbers. Nature 403:843–845. , and .
- 2013. Continental-scale governance and the hastening of loss of Australia's biodiversity. Conservation Biology 27:1133–1135. , et al.
- SCB. 2006. Society for Conservation Biology annual report 2006. SCB, Washington, D.C. Available from http://www.conbio.org/about-scb/annual-reports (accessed September 2013).
- SCB. 2013. What is SCB? SCB, Washington, D.C. Available from http://www.conbio.org/about-scb/who-we-are (accessed September 2013).
- 2013. The “new conservation.” Conservation Biology 27:895–897.
- 2011. OECD calls time on trickle-down theory. Financial Times, 5 December 2011.
- World Wildlife Fund. 2013. PADDDtracker: tracking protected area downgrading, downsizing, and degazettement [Beta version]. Available from www.PADDDtracker.org (accessed September 2013).