Countryside Species–Area Relationship as a Valid Alternative to the Matrix-Calibrated Species–Area Model
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Conservation Biology published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc., on behalf of the Society for Conservation Biology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Volume 28, Issue 3, pages 874–876, June 2014
How to Cite
PEREIRA, H. M., ZIV, G. and MIRANDA, M. (2014), Countryside Species–Area Relationship as a Valid Alternative to the Matrix-Calibrated Species–Area Model. Conservation Biology, 28: 874–876. doi: 10.1111/cobi.12289
- Issue online: 14 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 18 NOV 2013
- 2013. Land use in life cycle assessment: global characterization factors based on regional and global potential species extinction. Environmental Science & Technology 47:9281–9290. , , , , and .
- 2013. Adaptation of bird communities to farmland abandonment in a mountain landscape. PLoS ONE 8:e73619. , and .
- 2011. Species-area relationships always overestimate extinction rates from habitat loss. Nature 473:368–371. , and .
- 2012. Intensive agriculture erodes β-diversity at large scales. Ecology Letters 15:963–970. , , , , , and .
- 2010. A matrix-calibrated species-area model for predicting biodiversity losses due to land-use change. Conservation Biology 24:994–1001. , and .
- 2010. Scenarios for global biodiversity in the 21st century. Science 330:1496–1502. , et al.
- 2012. Geometry and scales in species-area relationships. Nature 482:E3–E4. , , and .
- 2006. Modeling biodiversity dynamics in countryside landscapes. Ecology 87:1877–1885. , and .
- 2013. Species-area models to assess biodiversity change in multi-habitat landscapes: the importance of species habitat affinity. Basic and Applied Ecology 14:102–114. , and .
- 2008. Effect of habitat area and isolation on fragmented animal populations. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of 105:20770–20775. , , , and .
- 2010. The future of tropical forests. Year in Ecology and Conservation Biology 2010 1195:1–27.