Ambulatory arterial stiffness index and nocturnal blood pressure dipping in pregnancies complicated by hypertension
Article first published online: 19 JUN 2013
© 2013 Scandinavian Society of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging
Volume 34, Issue 1, pages 39–46, January 2014
How to Cite
Kärkkäinen, H., Saarelainen, H., Laitinen, T., Heiskanen, N., Valtonen, P., Laitinen, T., Vanninen, E. and Heinonen, S. (2014), Ambulatory arterial stiffness index and nocturnal blood pressure dipping in pregnancies complicated by hypertension. Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging, 34: 39–46. doi: 10.1111/cpf.12063
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 19 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 19 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAY 2013
- Kuopio University Hospital. Grant Numbers: 5302419, 5031316
- Aili Turunen's Foundation
- Nocturnal hypertension is associated with an exacerbation of the endothelial damage in preeclampsia. Am J Nephrol (2008); 28: 424–430. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- The prevalence and clinical significance of nocturnal hypertension in pregnancy. J Hypertens (2001); 19: 1437–1444. , , .
- Searching for genetic clues to the causes of pre-eclampsia. Clin Sci (Lond) (2006); 110: 443–458. , .
- Prediction of creatinine clearance from serum creatinine. Nephron (1976); 16: 31–41. , .
- Ambulatory arterial stiffness index as a predictor of cardiovascular mortality in the Dublin Outcome Study. Hypertension (2006); 47: 365–370. , , , , , , , , .
- Venous and arterial behavior during normal pregnancy. Am J Physiol (1998); 274: H1605–H1612. , , , , .
- Daytime and nighttime blood pressure as predictors of death and cause-specific cardiovascular events in hypertension. Hypertension (2008); 51: 55–61. , , , , , , .
- Hypertension in pregnancy as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease later in life. J Hypertens (2010); 28: 826–833. , , , , , , , , .
- Endothelial dysfunction: a link among preeclampsia, recurrent pregnancy loss, and future cardiovascular events? Hypertension (2007); 49: 90–95. , , , , , , , , .
- Diurnal blood pressure pattern and risk of congestive heart failure. JAMA (2006); 295: 2859–2866. , , , , .
- Abnormal blood pressure circadian rhythm: a target organ damage? Int J Cardiol (2006); 107: 343–349. , , .
- Management of hypertension before, during, and after pregnancy. Heart (2004); 90: 1499–1504. , .
- Ambulatory arterial stiffness index is unchanged in uncomplicated third-trimester singleton and twin pregnancies. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand (2011); 90: 516–523. , , , , , , , .
- Need for insulin to control gestational diabetes is reflected in the ambulatory arterial stiffness index. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth (2013); 13: 9. , , , , , , , .
- Ambulatory arterial stiffness index and 24-hour ambulatory pulse pressure as predictors of mortality in Ohasama, Japan. Stroke (2007); 38: 1161–1166. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Arterial stiffness assessed by pulse wave analysis in essential hypertension: relation to 24-h blood pressure profile. Int J Cardiol (2005); 102: 391–395. , , , , , , , , , .
- Increased ambulatory arterial stiffness index is associated with target organ damage in primary hypertension. Hypertension (2006); 48: 397–403. , , , , , , , , , .
- Ambulatory arterial stiffness index derived from 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Hypertension (2006); 47: 359–364. , , , , , , , , , .
- History of gestational hypertension is associated with the metabolic syndrome and masked hypertension but not arterial stiffness in women with essential hypertension. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) (2008); 10: 21–26. , , , .
- Inverse relationship between ambulatory arterial stiffness index and glomerular filtration rate in arterial hypertension. Am J Hypertens (2008); 21: 35–40. , , , , , , , , , , .
- Interactions between inflammatory and oxidative stress in preeclampsia. Hypertens Pregnancy (2009); 28: 56–62. , , , , .
- Evidence for distinct preterm and term phenotypes of preeclampsia. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med (2010); 23: 622–626. , , , .
- Hypertension in pregnancy and later cardiovascular risk: common antecedents? Circulation (2010); 122: 579–584. , , , .
- Pulse wave reflection in currently and previously preeclamptic women. Hypertens Pregnancy (2005); 24: 171–180. , , , .
- Relations of inflammatory biomarkers and common genetic variants with arterial stiffness and wave reflection. Hypertension (2008); 51: 1651–1657. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Increased vascular endothelial cell production of interleukin-6 in severe preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol (2003); 188: 740–744. , , , .
- Arterial stiffness in preeclamptic and chronic hypertensive pregnancies. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol (2006); 128: 180–186. , , .
- Early and late preeclampsia: two different maternal hemodynamic states in the latent phase of the disease. Hypertension (2008); 52: 873–880. , , , .
- Is pre-eclampsia more than one disease? BJOG (2004); 111: 298–302. , .