This study adds
Associations between airway hyperresponsiveness, obesity and lipoproteins in a longitudinal cohort
Article first published online: 12 OCT 2012
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
The Clinical Respiratory Journal
Volume 7, Issue 3, pages 268–275, July 2013
How to Cite
Rasmussen, F., Hancox, R. J., Nair, P., Hansen, H. S., Siersted, H. C. and Nybo, M. (2013), Associations between airway hyperresponsiveness, obesity and lipoproteins in a longitudinal cohort. The Clinical Respiratory Journal, 7: 268–275. doi: 10.1111/crj.12000
We confirmed a strong association between BMI and airway hyperresponsiveness, but this association seems independent of the plasma lipoprotein levels in teenage subjects.
Authorship and contributorship
FR mainly carried out the project; data collection at age 20, all data analysis and statistical analysis, and drafted the manuscript. BH and PN helped to draft the manuscript. HCS is responsible for collecting data at age 14 and the critical reading of the final manuscript. HSH initiated The Odense Schoolchild study at age 9 and the critical reading of the final manuscript.
All subjects gave informed content before participating. The study was approved by the local research ethics committee and the Danish Data Surveillance Authority.
Conflict of interest
The authors have stated explicitly that there are no conflicts of interest in connection with this article.
- Issue published online: 8 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 12 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 AUG 2012 07:42AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 22 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 4 APR 2012
- the Danish Lung Association
- the Danish Medical Research Council
- the University of Southern Denmark
- Odense University
- the Hørslev Foundation
- the Else and Mogens Wedell-Wedellsborg Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.