Identifying Barriers to Healthcare to Reduce Health Disparity in Zuni Indians Using Focus Group Conducted by Community Health Workers
Article first published online: 8 NOV 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Clinical and Translational Science
Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 6–11, February 2014
How to Cite
Shah, V. O., Ghahate, D. M., Bobelu, J., Sandy, P., Newman, S., Helitzer, D. L., Faber, T. and Zager, P. (2014), Identifying Barriers to Healthcare to Reduce Health Disparity in Zuni Indians Using Focus Group Conducted by Community Health Workers. Clinical and Translational Science, 7: 6–11. doi: 10.1111/cts.12127
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 8 NOV 2013
- National Center for research Resources. Grant Number: 5P20RR016480–12
- National Institute of General Medical Sciences. Grant Number: 8P20GM103451–12
- National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: 8UL1TR000041
- The University of New Mexico Clinical and Translational Science Center
- 1Minority Health and Health Disparities Research and Education Act United States Public Law 106–525 2000; 2498. Available at http://www7.nationalacademies.org/ocga/laws/PL106_525.asp Accessed October 21, 2013.
- 5The historical trauma response among natives and its relationship with substance abuse: a Lakota illustration. J Psychoactive Drugs 2003; 35: 7–13..
- 8Constructing Grounded Theory: A Practical Guide through Qualitative Analysis. London: SAGE Publications Ltd, 2006..
- 10Access to health care in America. The National Academies press, Michael Millman, editor, 1993.
- 16Toward a comprehensive -transtheoretical model of change: stages of change and addictive behaviors. In: Miller WR, and Heather N, eds. Treating Addictive Behaviors. 2nd edn. New York: Plenum Press, 1998, 3–24., .
- 19Catherine Schaefer, James Coyne, and Richard Lazarus. The health-related functions of social support. J Behav Med. 1981; 4: 381–405.
- 21Cultural issues affecting domestic violence service utilization in ethnic and hard to reach populations. Nat Crim Just Ref Service. 2000. Available at: http://www.ncjrs.org/pdffiles1/nij/grants/185352.pdf Accessed July 10, 2013., , , .
- 22Poverty and health sector inequalities. Bull World Health Organization. 2002; 80(2): 97–105. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2567730/ Accessed October 21, 2013..
- 23World Bank. Filipino report card on pro-poor services: summary. World Bank, Environment and Social Development Unit, East Asia and Pacific Region, 2001. Available at: http://www.worldbank.org/participation/bhat3doc.htm Accessed June 23, 2013.
- 24Maria Isabel Matamala Gender-related Indicators for the evaluation of quality of care in reproductive health services. Reproductive Health Matters 1998; 6(11): 10–21.
- 26Recruitment of American Indians in epidemiologic research: the strong heart study. Am Indian Alaska Native Mental Health Res. 2000; 9(3): 20–37., , , , , , .