Epidermal panfolliculoma: an adnexal proliferation with advanced follicular differentiation confined to the epidermis
Article first published online: 7 FEB 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Cutaneous Pathology
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 409–412, April 2013
How to Cite
Epidermal panfolliculoma: an adnexal proliferation with advanced follicular differentiation confined to the epidermis., , , .
- Issue published online: 19 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 7 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 JAN 2013 01:26PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 25 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 28 AUG 2012
- folllicular differentiation;
- reticulated acanthoma;
Follicular differentiation can be exhibited by a variety of epidermal lesions. We report an example of panfolliculoma purely confined to the epidermis. The lesion presented as a verrucous plaque on the leg of a 55-year-old man. Histopathologic sections showed an acanthoma with follicular differentiation including areas mimicking the follicular germ, matrix, root sheath and infundibular components.