Yu Cai and †Rong Wang contributed equally to this work.
Maffucci syndrome with the spindle cell hemangiomas in the mucosa of the lower lip: a rare case report and literature review
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Journal of Cutaneous Pathology
Volume 40, Issue 7, pages 661–666, July 2013
How to Cite
Maffucci syndrome with the spindle cell hemangiomas in the mucosa of the lower lip: a rare case report and literature review., , , , , .
- Issue published online: 16 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 FEB 2013 03:55PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 16 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 DEC 2011
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 81102054
- Wuhan University to Yu Cai. Grant Number: 111001
- lower lip;
- Maffucci syndrome;
- spindle cell hemangioma;
- vascular lesions
The presence of non-cutaneous vascular lesions in the syndrome of multiple enchondromas and subcutaneous hemangiomas, also named Maffucci syndrome, is exceedingly rare. Until now, non-cutaneous vascular lesions have been described in nine patients, while only three cases were present in the oral cavity; they were found in the tongue in two patients and in the lower lip in one patient. Herein, we report the second case of vascular lesions localized in the mucosa of lower lip in a patient with Maffucci syndrome. Histopathologic examination showed spindle cell hemangioma.