Alcohol and young people: What the legislation says about access and secondary supply
Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2012
© 2012 Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and other Drugs
Drug and Alcohol Review
Volume 32, Issue 2, pages 124–132, March 2013
How to Cite
[Alcohol and young people: What the legislation says about access and secondary supply. Drug Alcohol Rev 2013; 32:124-132], , .
- Issue online: 5 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 3 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUL 2012
- 1World Health Organization. Addressing the harmful use of alcohol: a guide to developing effective alcohol legislation. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2011.
- 2Young people and alcohol: the role of cultural influences. Adelaide: National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction, 2007., , , et al.
- 3Australian secondary school students' use of tobacco, alcohol, and over-the-counter and illicit substances in 2008. Melbourne: Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer, 2009., .
- 4Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. 2010 National Drug Strategy Household Survey report. Drug statistics series no. 25. Cat. no. PHE 145. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2011.
- 7Parental opinions and behaviour regarding teenage alcohol consumption. Sydney: Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing, Research and Marketing Group, 2005..
- 8The role of parents in adolescents' alcohol use. In Vester JC , Brady K , Galanter M & Conrod P , eds. Drug Abuse and Addiction in Medical Illness: Causes, Consequences and Treatment. Springer, 2012..
- 9The social context of alcohol use in Australia. Adelaide: National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction, 2009., , , , , .
- 14Impact of alcohol consumption on young people: a systematic review of published reviews. Nottingham: Newcastle University, 2009. Contract No.: DCSF-RR067., , , et al.
- 19An environmental scan on alcohol and other drug issues facing law enforcement in Australia 2010. Hobart: National Drug Law Enforcement Research Fund, 2010..
- 20Australian Drug Foundation. Position statement on secondary supply of alcohol to young people on private property. West Melbourne: Australian Drug Foundation, 2010.
- 21Young people, alcohol and influences: a study of young people and their relationship with alcohol. York: Joseph Rowntree Foundation, 2011., , , , .
- 24Children's rights, confidentiality and the policing of children. Int J Child Rights 2008;16:431–456..
- 26Crime control in late modernity—David Garland's the culture of control: crime and social order in contemporary society. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001. Current Issues in Criminal Justice 2002–2003;14:224–41..
- 27New Zealand Law Commission. Alcohol in our lives: curbing the harm. Wellington: New Zealand Law Commission, 2010.
- 28Liquor Control Reform Amendment Bill: Legislative Assembly, Second Reading Speech Sess. (24 March 2011, 2011).
- 29Liquor and Other Acts Amendment Bill: Legislative Assembly, First Session of the Fifty-Second Parliament Sess. (10 September 2008, 2008).
- 30Liquor and Other Acts Amendment Bill Explanatory Notes: Legislative Council (2008).
- 31Alcohol Reform (Liquor Legislation Amendment) Bill (Serial 161): Legislative Assembly, Eleventh Assembly, First Session Sess. (20 March 2011, 2011).
- 32Police Miscellaneous Amendments (No. 2) Bill: Legislative Council, Second Reading Speech Sess. (15 October 2009, 2009).
- 34Parenting influences on adolescent alcohol use. Melbourne: Australian Institute of Family Studies, 2004., , , .
- 36National Health and Medical Research Council. Australian guidelines to reduce health risks from drinking alcohol. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2009.
- 37Dangerous children and the regulated family: the shifting focus of parental responsibility laws. N Y Univ Law Rev 1998;73:667–700..
- 43Ministry of Health. Alcohol use in New Zealand: key results of the 2007/08 New Zealand Alcohol and Drug Use Survey. Wellington: Ministry of Health, 2009.
- 44Alcohol consumption patterns among Australian 15–17 year olds from 2000 to 2004. Sydney: Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing, 2005., , .
- 47Liquor licensing legislation in Australia: part 3. Police expectations and experiences. Adelaide: National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA), Flinders University, 2011., , , , .
- 49How parental liability statutes criminalize and stigmatize minority mothers. Am Crim Law Rev 2000;37:1195–1218..
- 55From ideal to reality: cultural contradictions and young people's drinking. Adelaide: National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction, Flinders University, 2010., , , , , .
- 56From jailbird to jailbait: age of consent laws and the construction of teenage sexualities. William Mary J Women Law 2002–2003;9:313–349..
- 59Gillick v West Norfolk and Wisbech Area Health Authority and Another. All ER: House of Lords; 1985. p. 402.
- 60Parental responsibility statutes: an organization and policy implications. J Law Fam Stud 2005;7:1–55., , .
- 61Bonnie RJ , O'Connell ME , eds. Reducing underage drinking: a collective responsibility. Washington, D.C.: National Academic Press, 2004.
- 62Effects of minimum drinking age laws: review and analyses of the literature from 1960 to 2000. J Stud Alcohol Suppl 2002;14:206–225., .
- 65Alcohol: no ordinary commodity. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003., , , et al.
- 67Global status report: alcohol and young people. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2001..