Jim McCambridge PhD, Senior Lecturer, Greg Hartwell MD, Public Health Trainee.
Has industry funding biased studies of the protective effects of alcohol on cardiovascular disease? A preliminary investigation of prospective cohort studies
Article first published online: 7 MAR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Drug and Alcohol Review published by Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd on behalf of Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and other Drugs .
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Drug and Alcohol Review
Volume 34, Issue 1, pages 58–66, January 2015
How to Cite
McCambridge, J. and Hartwell, G. (2015), Has industry funding biased studies of the protective effects of alcohol on cardiovascular disease? A preliminary investigation of prospective cohort studies. Drug and Alcohol Review, 34: 58–66. doi: 10.1111/dar.12125
- Issue published online: 19 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 7 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 3 DEC 2013
- Wellcome Trust Research Career Development Fellowship. Grant Number: WT086516MA
- 1Alcohol cardio-protection has been talked up. N Z Med J 2009;122:97–101., , , .
- 16Doubt is their product: how industry's assault on science threatens your health. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008..
- 23Vested interests in addiction research and policy: the challenge corporate lobbying poses to reducing society's alcohol problems: insights from UK evidence on minimum unit pricing. Addiction 2014;109:199–205., , .