Caroline Fairhurst MMath, Statistician, Jan R. Böhnke Dipl.-Psych. Dr. rer. nat., Research Fellow, Rhian Gabe BSc, MSc, MPhil, PhD, Statistician, Tim J. Croudace BSc, DipAppPsych, MSc, PhD, Professor of Psychometric Epidemiology, Gillian Tober PhD, Consultant Addiction Psychologist, Duncan Raistrick MBChB, MPhil, FRCPsych, Consultant Addiction Psychiatrist.
Factor analysis of treatment outcomes from a UK specialist addiction service: Relationship between the Leeds Dependence Questionnaire, Social Satisfaction Questionnaire and 10-item Clinical Outcomes in Routine Evaluation
Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Drug and Alcohol Review published by Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd on behalf of Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and other Drugs.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Drug and Alcohol Review
Volume 33, Issue 6, pages 643–650, November 2014
How to Cite
Fairhurst, C., Böhnke, J. R., Gabe, R., Croudace, T. J., Tober, G. and Raistrick, D. (2014), Factor analysis of treatment outcomes from a UK specialist addiction service: Relationship between the Leeds Dependence Questionnaire, Social Satisfaction Questionnaire and 10-item Clinical Outcomes in Routine Evaluation. Drug and Alcohol Review, 33: 643–650. doi: 10.1111/dar.12146
Declarations of interest: None
Data collected at Leeds Addiction Unit (Leeds, UK) and analysis conducted at University of York (York, UK).
- Issue online: 14 NOV 2014
- Version of Record online: 7 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 23 DEC 2013
- National Institute of Health Research
- 3NICE. Alcohol use disorders: diagnosis, assessment and management of harmful drinking and alcohol dependence. NICE clinical guideline 115. 2011.
- 4Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry. Outcomes compendium. National Institute for Mental Health in England. 2009.
- 6The CORE-OM (Clinical Outcomes in Toutine Evaluaton) and its derivatives. Integrating Science and Practice 2012;2:12–15..
- 8Validation of the social satisfaction questionnaire for outcome evaluation in substance use disorders. Psychiatr Bull 2007;31:333–336., , , .
- 9National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse. Review of the effectiveness of treatment for alcohol problems. National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse. 2006., , ,
- 11Evaluation of the Leeds Dependence Questionnaire (LDQ) for New Zealand. Alcohol Advisory Council of New Zealand. 1999., .
- 12An evaluation of the Leeds Dependence Questionnaire. J Child Adolesc Subst Abuse 1999;8:73–87..
- 15The CORE-10: a short measure of psychological distress for routine use in the psychological therapies. Counselling and Psychotherapy Research Journal 2012;13:3–13., , , et al.
- 16Treatment as usual, in responding to drug misuse: research and policy priorities. In: MacGregor S, ed. Health and social care. Routledge, 2010:40–52., , , .
- 18An introduction to psychometric theory with applications in R. 2013. Available at: http://www.personality-project.org/r/book/ (accessed on December 2013)..
- 20A note on the multiplying factors for various χ2 approximations. J Roy Stat Soc B 1954;16:296–298..
- 26A first course in factor analysis. Hillsdale: L. Erlbaum Associates, 1992., .
- 27Mplus user's guide, Sixth edn. Los Angeles, CA: Muthén & Muthén, 1998–2011., .
- 28Evaluating the fit of structural equation models: tests of significance and descriptive goodness-of-fit measures. MPR-Online 2003;8:23–74., , .