Varun Aggarwal, co-founder of Aspiring Minds, consistently believed in this enterprise and helped provide a large part of the database on which this investigation is based. He also commented on earlier drafts of this article. Several individuals helped design the study or provided commentary on previous drafts, including Marc Bellemare, Chris Fuller, Ashwini Deshpande, Mick Moore, Balaji Parthasarathy, S. Rajagopalan, Aishwarya Ratan, Ankur Sarin, S. Sadagopan, M.S. Sriram, Kentaro Toyama, three anonymous reviewers and seminar participants at Indira Gandhi Institute for Development Research, IIM Udaipur, ISEC Bangalore, Microsoft Research (India), Yale University and Uppsala University. I thank, without implicating, all these individuals and institutions; the usual disclaimers apply.
Examining the Structure of Opportunity and Social Mobility in India: Who Becomes an Engineer?
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2014
© 2014 International Institute of Social Studies
Development and Change
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 1–28, January 2014
How to Cite
Krishna, A. (2014), Examining the Structure of Opportunity and Social Mobility in India: Who Becomes an Engineer?. Development and Change, 45: 1–28. doi: 10.1111/dech.12072
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!