Endoscopic Diagnosis and Treatment of Superficial Barrett Adenocarcinoma
Is Barrett's esophagus an over-hyped disease in the West, and an underdiagnosed disease in the East?
Version of Record online: 25 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Digestive Endoscopy © 2013 Japan Gastroenterological Endoscopy Society
Special Issue: Proceedings of the Endoscopy Forum Japan 2012. Guest Editors: Atsushi Kawaguchi, Shinji Tanaka and Kenjiro Yasuda. This supplement was published with the support of Olympus Medical Systems Corporation.
Volume 25, Issue Supplement S2, pages 157–161, May 2013
How to Cite
Ho, K.-Y. and Asia-Pacific Barrett's Consortium (2013), Is Barrett's esophagus an over-hyped disease in the West, and an underdiagnosed disease in the East?. Digestive Endoscopy, 25: 157–161. doi: 10.1111/den.12105
- Issue online: 25 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 25 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 JAN 2013
- 1Opposing trends in incidence of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma in a multi-ethnic Asian country. Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2006; 101: 1430–1436., , , .Direct Link:
- 12Formal training in the endoscopic recognition of Barrett's esophagus improves detection rate and increases diagnostic yield. J. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2011; 26 (SI Suppl 5): 213., , et al.
- 14Practice Parameters Committee of the American College of Gastroenterology. Updated guidelines for the diagnosis, surveillance, and therapy of Barrett's esophagus. Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2002; 97: 1888–1895..Direct Link:
- 20Narrow band imaging and white light endoscopy with optical magnification in the diagnosis of dysplasia in Barrett's oesophagus: Results of the Asia Pacific Barrett's Consortium. Gastrointest. Endosc. 2012; 75 (4 Suppl S): 175–176., , et al.