Role of caspase-9 in the effector caspases and genome expressions, and growth of bovine skeletal myoblasts
Version of Record online: 1 DEC 2013
© 2013 The Authors Development, Growth & Differentiation © 2013 Japanese Society of Developmental Biologists
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 56, Issue 2, pages 131–142, February 2014
How to Cite
Van Ba, H. and Hwang, I. (2014), Role of caspase-9 in the effector caspases and genome expressions, and growth of bovine skeletal myoblasts. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 56: 131–142. doi: 10.1111/dgd.12098
- Issue online: 10 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 1 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 27 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUL 2013
- Chonbuk National University. Grant Number: PJ907055
- RDA. Grant Number: PJ008525
- 1987. Muscle cell culture as a tool in animal growth research. Fed. Proc. 46, 290–294.
- 1990. Regulation of satellite cells during skeletal muscle growth and development. Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 194, 81–86. &
- 2013. Electrospun Fe3O4/TiO2 hybrid nanofibers and their in vitro biocompatibility: prospective matrix for satellite cell adhesion and cultivation. Mater. Sci. Eng. C 33, 707–713. , , , , &
- 2004. Role of caspases-3 and -7 in Apaf-1 proteolytic cleavage and degradation events during cisplatin-induced apoptosis in melanoma cells. Exp. Cell Res. 293, 302–310. , , , &
- 1986. Proliferation of muscle satellite cells on intact myofibers in culture. Dev. Biol. 115, 129–139.
- 2005. Do inducers of apoptosis trigger caspase-independent cell death. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 6, 268–275. &
- 2003. Non-apoptotic functions of caspases in cellular proliferation and differentiation. Biochem. Pharmacol. 66, 1453–1458. &
- 1997. Single-cell analysis of regulatory gene expression in quiescent and activated mouse skeletal muscle satellite cells. Dev. Biol. 191, 270–283. &
- 1987. Optimization of bovine satellite cell derived myotube formation in vitro. Tissue Cell 19, 159–166. , , , &
- 1996. Extrinsic regulation of domestic animal-derived satellite cells. Domest. Anim. Endocrinol. 13, 107–126. , , , &
- 1999. Mammalian caspases: structure, activation, substrates, and functions during apoptosis. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 68, 383–424. , &
- 2009. Possible involvement of caspase-6 and -7 but not caspase-3 in the regulation of hypoxia-induced apoptosis in tube-forming endothelial cells. Exp. Cell Res. 315, 327–335. , , , , &
- 2002. Caspase-3 is not essential for DNA fragmentation in MCF-7 cells during apoptosis induced by the pyrrolo-1,5-benzoxazepine, PBOX-6. FEBS Lett. 515, 66–70. , , , , &
- 2006. Suppression of prion protein in livestock by RNA interference. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 103, 5285–5290. , , , &
- 2000. Caspases: key players in programmed cell death. Curr. Opin. Struct. Biol. 10, 649–655.
- 1995. Cytotoxicity-dependent APO-1 (Fas/CD95)-associated proteins form a death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) with the receptor. EMBO J. 14, 5579–5588. , , , , , &
- 2006. Caspases 3 and 7: key mediators of mitochondrial events of apoptosis. Science 311, 847–851. , , , , , , &
- 2010. Caspase-7: a protease involved in apoptosis and inflammation. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 42, 21–24. &
- 2011. Knockdown of ASIC2a subunit aggravates injury of rat C6 glioma cells in acidosis. J. Physiol. Biochem. 67, 275–281. , , , , , , , &
- 1998. Bid, a Bcl2 interacting protein, mediates cytochrome c release from mitochondria in response to activation of cell surface death receptors. Cell 94, 481–490. , , , &
- 2012. Mechanism of caspase-9 activation during hypoxia in the cerebral cortex of newborn piglets: the role of Src kinase. Neurosci. Lett. 523, 19–23.
- 2012. The central role of initiator caspase-9 in apoptosis signal transduction and the regulation of its activation and activity on the apoptosome. Exp. Cell Res. 318, 1213–1220. , &
- 2003. Expression of Smac/DIABLO in ovarian carcinoma cells induces apoptosis via a caspase-9-mediated pathway. Exp. Cell Res. 286, 186–198. , , , , &
- 2002. An endoplasmic reticulum stress-specific caspases cascade in apoptosis. Cytochrome c-independent activation of caspase-9 by caspase-12. J. Biol. Chem. 277, 34287–34294. , , , &
- 2000. Cross-talk between two cysteine protease families. Activation of caspase-12 by calpain in apoptosis. J. Cell Biol. 150, 887–894. &
- 2001. A new mathematical model for relative quantification in real-time PCR. Nucleic Acids Res. 29, e45.
- 2004. Caspases: potential targets for regulating cell death. J. Cell Mol. Med. 8, 432–444.
- 2004. Rational siRNA design for RNA interference. Nat. Biotechnol. 22, 326–330. , , , , &
- 2002. Caspase-2 acts upstream of mitochondria to promote cytochrome c release during eptoposide-induced apoptosis. J. Biol. Chem. 277, 29803–29809. , , , &
- 2010. Breed difference and regulation of the porcine Sirtuin 1 by insulin. J. Anim. Sci. 88, 3909–3917. , , , &
- 2001. A structural view of mitochondria-mediated apoptosis. Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 8, 394–401.
- 2000. Cleavage of BID during cytotoxic drug and UV radiation-induced apoptosis occurs downstream of the point of Bcl-2 action and is catalyzed by caspase-3: a potential feedback loop for amplification of apoptosis-associated mitochondrial cytochrome c release. Cell Death Dis. 7, 556–565. , &
- 2000. Apoptosis signaling. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 69, 217–245. , &
- 1999. Suicidal tendencies: apoptotic cell death by caspase family proteinases. J. Biol. Chem. 274, 20049–20052. &