Low cost labeling with highlighter ink efficiently visualizes developing blood vessels in avian and mouse embryos
Version of Record online: 1 DEC 2013
© 2013 The Authors Development, Growth & Differentiation © 2013 Japanese Society of Developmental Biologists
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 55, Issue 9, pages 792–801, December 2013
How to Cite
Takase, Y., Tadokoro, R. and Takahashi, Y. (2013), Low cost labeling with highlighter ink efficiently visualizes developing blood vessels in avian and mouse embryos. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 55: 792–801. doi: 10.1111/dgd.12106
- Issue online: 18 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 1 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 OCT 2013
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan
- MEXT, Japan
- CREST (JST)
- The Mitsubishi Foundation
- Takeda Science Foundation
- 2001. Characterization of a novel EGFP reporter mouse to monitor Cre recombination as demonstrated by a Tie2 Cre mouse line. Genesis 30, 36–44. , , , , , & .
- 1992. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. 1951. Dev. Dyn. 195, 231–272. &
- 2002. Artemin is a vascular-derived neurotropic factor for developing sympathetic neurons. Neuron 35, 267–282. , , , , , &
- 2010. Flk1-GFP BAC Tg mice: an animal model for the study of blood vessel development. Exp. Anim. 59, 615–622. , , , , , & .
- 2003. Selective binding of lectins to embryonic chicken vasculature. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 51, 597–604. , , , , &
- 1987. Griffonia simplicifolia lectins bind specifically to endothelial cells and some epithelial cells in mouse tissues. Histochem. J. 19, 225–234.
- 2001. Induction of pancreatic differentiation by signals from blood vessels. Science 294, 564–567. , &
- 2002. In vivo imaging of embryonic vascular development using transgenic zebrafish. Dev. Biol. 248, 307–318. &
- 2008. Endothelins are vascular-derived axonal guidance cues for developing sympathetic neurons. Nature 452, 759–763. , , , &
- 2001. Liver organogenesis promoted by endothelial cells prior to vascular function. Science 294, 559–563. , , &
- 2008. Noninvasive vascular imaging in fluorescent tumors using multispectral unmixing. Biotechniques 45, 459–460, 461–464. , , &
- 1987. Vasculogenesis in the early quail blastodisc as studied with a monoclonal antibody recognizing endothelial cells. Development 100, 339–349. , , , &
- 2012. The dorsal aorta initiates a molecular cascade that instructs sympatho-adrenal specification. Science 336, 1578–1581. , , &
- 2010. Dynamic analysis of vascular morphogenesis using transgenic quail embryos. PLoS ONE 5, e12674. , , , , , , , & .