Specific characteristics of spontaneous movements in preterm infants at term age are associated with developmental delays at age 3 years
Article first published online: 19 APR 2013
© 2013 Mac Keith Press
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology
Volume 55, Issue 8, pages 713–721, August 2013
How to Cite
Kanemaru, N., Watanabe, H., Kihara, H., Nakano, H., Takaya, R., Nakamura, T., Nakano, J., Taga, G. and Konishi, Y. (2013), Specific characteristics of spontaneous movements in preterm infants at term age are associated with developmental delays at age 3 years. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 55: 713–721. doi: 10.1111/dmcn.12156
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 19 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 FEB 2013
- Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research. Grant Numbers: 20670001, 24119002, 512120
- Clinical Medical Research Foundation
- ISM Cooperative Research Program. Grant Number: 2011-ISM-CRP-2052
- 4Prechtl's Method of Qualitative Assessment of General Movements in Preterm, Term and Young Infants. Clinics in Developmental Medicine No. 167. London: Mac Keith Press, 2004., , , , .
- 15Relationship between general movements assessment at post-conception week 40 and developmental score at 3 years in very low birth weight infants. [in Japanese with English abstract]. J Jpn Soc Perinat Neonatal Med 2008; 44: 684–8., , , , , .
- 19Society for the Kyoto Scale of Psychological Development Test. Shinpan K Shiki Hattatsu Kensahou 2001 Nenban. [The Kyoto Scale of Psychological Development Test 2001]. (In Japanese). Kyoto: Nakanishiya Shuppan, 2008.
- 21Three-month-old infants can learn task-specific patterns of interlimb coordination. Psychol Sci 1994; 5: 280–5..Direct Link:
- 23Motor behaviour of preterm infants. In: Prechtl HFR, editor. Continuity of Neural Functions from Prenatal to Postnatal Life. Oxford: Blackwell, 1984: 79–93., .