Prevalence of cerebral palsy, co-occurring autism spectrum disorders, and motor functioning – Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, USA, 2008
Article first published online: 1 OCT 2013
© 2013 Mac Keith Press
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 59–65, January 2014
How to Cite
Christensen, D., Van Naarden Braun, K., Doernberg, N. S., Maenner, M. J., Arneson, C. L., Durkin, M. S., Benedict, R. E., Kirby, R. S., Wingate, M. S., Fitzgerald, R. and Yeargin-Allsopp, M. (2014), Prevalence of cerebral palsy, co-occurring autism spectrum disorders, and motor functioning – Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, USA, 2008. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 56: 59–65. doi: 10.1111/dmcn.12268
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 1 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUL 2013
- 1A report: the definition and classification of cerebral palsy April 2006. Dev Med Child Neurol 2007; 109: 8–14., , , et al.
- 6American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edn. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association, 1994.
- 7Commission on Epidemiology and Prognosis & International League Against Epilepsy. Guidelines for epidemiologic studies on epilepsy. Epilepsia 1993; 34: 592–6.
- 11National Center for Health Statistics. Postcensal Estimates of the Resident Population of the United States for July 1, 2000–July 1, 2010, by Year, County, Age, Bridged Race, Hispanic Origin, and Sex (Vintage 2009). Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 2010.
- 12Statistical power and sample-size calculations. In: Selvin S, editors. Statistical Analyses of Epidemiologic Data, 2nd edn. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996: 95–100..
- 14Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of autism spectrum disorders – Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, 14 sites, United States, 2008. MMWR Surveill Summ 2012; 61: 1–19.
- 16Council on Children With Disabilities, Section on Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics, Bright Futures Steering Committee, Medical Home Initiatives for Children With Special Needs Project Advisory Committee. Identifying infants and young children with developmental disorders in the medical home: an algorithm for developmental surveillance and screening. Pediatrics 2006; 118: 405–20.
- 17Surveillance of Cerebral Palsy in Europe. Prevalence and characteristics of children with cerebral palsy in Europe. Dev Med Child Neurol 2002; 44: 633–40.
- 18Australian Cerebral Palsy Register Group. Report of the Australian Cerebral Palsy Register: Birth Years 1993–2003. December 2009.