A cross-sectional study examining computer task completion by adolescents with cerebral palsy across the Manual Ability Classification System levels
Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2014
© 2014 Mac Keith Press
Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology
Volume 56, Issue 12, pages 1180–1186, December 2014
How to Cite
Davies, T. C., AlManji, A. and Stott, N. S. (2014), A cross-sectional study examining computer task completion by adolescents with cerebral palsy across the Manual Ability Classification System levels. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 56: 1180–1186. doi: 10.1111/dmcn.12521
- Issue online: 12 NOV 2014
- Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 APR 2014
- 2Access Economics Pty Ltd. The economic impact of cerebral palsy in Australia in 2007. April, 2008. http://www.cpaustralia.com.au/index.php/cms/frontend/resource/id/78/name/access_economics_report.pdf (accessed 29 April 2014).
- 6The Angle Mouse: Target-Agnostic Dynamic Gain Adjustment Based on Angular Deviation. Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems; Boston, MA: ACM, 2009: 1401–10., , , , .
- 7Mouse movements of motion-impaired users: a submovement analysis. J SIGACCESS Access Comput 2003; 77–8: 102–9., , , .
- 9Cursor Measures for Motion-Impaired Computer Users. Proceedings of the Fifth International ACM Conference on Assistive Technologies; Edinburgh, UK: ACM, 2002: 135–42., , , , .
- 10International Organization for Standardization. Ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display terminals (VDTs), Part 9, Requirements for non-keyboard input devices (ISO 9241–9), 2002.
- 14Fitts' Law for Older Adults: Considering a Factor of Age. Proceedings of the VIII Brazilian Symposium on Human Factors in Computing Systems; Porto Alegre, Brazil: Sociedade Brasileira de Computação, 2008..
- 19Human-performance using computer input devices in the preferred and non-preferred hands. Presented at CM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 1993: 474–81., , .
- 20Evaluating eye tracking with ISO 9241 – Part 9. Hum Comput Interact 2007; 4552: 779–88., .
- 22User Interface Research 2010. http://www2.parc.com/istl/projects/uir/people/stuart/stuart.htm (accessed 10 January 2010)..
- 23Fitts' law as a research and design tool in human–computer interaction. Hum Comput Interact 1992; 7: 91–139..
- 24Prediction of pointing and dragging times in graphical user interfaces. Interact Comput 1994; 6: 213–27., .
- 25Ninja Cursors: Using Multiple Cursors to Assist Target Acquisition on Large Screens. Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems; Florence: ACM, 2008, 949–58., .
- 26On the Costs of Multiple Trajectory Pointing Methods. Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems; Vancouver: ACM, 2011, 859–62., , , .
- 27An Extensible Platform for the Interactive Exploration of Fitts' Law and Related Movement Time Models. CHI ‘07 extended abstracts on Human factors in computing systems; San Jose, CA: ACM, 2007..
- 28Accuracy Measures for Evaluating Computer Pointing Devices. Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. Seattle, WA: ACM, 2001., , .
- 31Age-related differences in movement control: adjusting submovement structure to optimize performance. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 1997; 52: 40–53., , .