BusinessWeek featured Whitney as a design visionary for bringing together design and business. Forbes named him one of six members of their ‘E-Gang’ of Internet pioneers for his work in human-centered design. And Fast Company named him a master of design for linking the creation of user value and economic value.
An Incomplete, Over-Generalized Nano-History of Design and Business
Article first published online: 16 AUG 2013
© 2013 The Design Management Institute
Design Management Review
Volume 24, Issue 2, pages 14–19, Summer 2013
How to Cite
Whitney, P. (2013), An Incomplete, Over-Generalized Nano-History of Design and Business. Design Management Review, 24: 14–19. doi: 10.1111/drev.10235
He is a trustee of the Global Heritage Fund and was jury chairman for the 2011 Smithsonian National Design Awards.
- Issue published online: 16 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 16 AUG 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!