Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction and Volumes: It Depends on the Imaging Method
Version of Record online: 26 NOV 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Echocardiography published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 87–100, January 2014
How to Cite
(Echocardiography 2014;31: 87–100)
- Issue online: 3 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 26 NOV 2013
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Alberta
- 1Evaluation of Systolic and Diastolic LV Function. The ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Imaging. New York: Springer, 2010, pp. 307–320., , , et al:
- 7Recommendations for chamber quantification: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography's Guidelines and Standards Committee and the Chamber Quantification Writing Group, developed in conjunction with the European Association of Echocardiography, a branch of the European Society of Cardiology. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2005;18:1440–1463., , , et al:
- 15Normal data of left ventricular parameters in non-hypertensive patients using 320-slice cardiac CT: A study on intra- and interobserver variability. J Med Assoc Thai 2011;94:1053–1060., , , et al:
- 19Assessment of left ventricular function with magnetic resonance imaging vs. echocardiography, contrast echocardiography, and single-photon emission computed tomography in patients with recent ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Eur J Echocardiogr 2010;11:793–800., , , et al:
- 23Comparison of left ventricular volumes and ejection fractions measured by three-dimensional echocardiography versus by two-dimensional echocardiography and cardiac magnetic resonance in patients with various cardiomyopathies. Am J Cardiol 2005;95:809–813., , , et al:
- 33Feasibility, accuracy, and reproducibility of real-time full-volume 3D transthoracic echocardiography to measure LV volumes and systolic function: A fully automated endocardial contouring algorithm in sinus rhythm and atrial fibrillation. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging 2012;5:239–251., , , et al:
- 35Biostatistics: A Guide to Design, Analysis, and Discovery. 2nd ed. San Diego: Academic Press, 2007, pp. 50–51, 60–62, 425., , .
- 44Left ventricular systolic function is sensitive to cycle-length irregularity in patients with atrial fibrillation and systolic dysfunction. Acta Cardiol Sin 2012;28:103–110., , , et al:
- 45Cardiac toxicity screening by echocardiography in healthy volunteers: A study of the effects of diurnal variation and use of a core laboratory on the reproducibility of left ventricular function measurement. Echocardiography 2011;28:502–507., , , et al: