We thank the NBER Innovation Policy and the Economy Research Grant Program for financial support and Caroline Hoxby, Scott Imberman, Shawn Kantor, Enrico Moretti, Leah Platt Boustan, Daniel Rees, and participants in seminars at the University of California—Merced, the All-UC Labor Economics Conference, Society of Labor Economists Conference, and the Southern Economics Association Conference for helpful comments and discussions. Matt Siordia and Nolan Noble provided outstanding research assistance. All errors are our own.
SPENDING WISELY? HOW RESOURCES AFFECT KNOWLEDGE PRODUCTION IN UNIVERSITIES
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2013
© 2013 Western Economic Association International
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 35–55, January 2014
How to Cite
WHALLEY, A. and HICKS, J. (2014), SPENDING WISELY? HOW RESOURCES AFFECT KNOWLEDGE PRODUCTION IN UNIVERSITIES. Economic Inquiry, 52: 35–55. doi: 10.1111/ecin.12011
- Issue online: 19 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!