The author is grateful for valuable comments and suggestions by David Blackaby, Arnaud Chevalier, Natalia Danzer, Peter Dolton, Christina Gathmann, Lars Handrich, Timothy Hatton, Victor Lavy, Melanie Lührmann, Omer Moav, Robert Moffitt, Robert Poppe, Sarah Smith, Kenneth Troske, Jonathan Wadsworth, Joachim Winter, the editor Steve Pischke, two anonymous referees, as well as seminar and conference participants in Bristol, Essex, London, Mannheim, München, Perth, Regensburg and Shanghai. The ULMS data were kindly made available by the ESCIRRU consortium. Financial support from a Thomas Holloway Research Scholarship is gratefully acknowledged. All remaining errors are mine.
Benefit Generosity and the Income Effect on Labour Supply: Quasi-Experimental Evidence
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 571, pages 1059–1084, September 2013
How to Cite
Danzer, A. M. (2013), Benefit Generosity and the Income Effect on Labour Supply: Quasi-Experimental Evidence. The Economic Journal, 123: 1059–1084. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12006
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 OCT 2012 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!