We are particularly grateful to the staff of Instituto Colombiano de Bienestar Familiar (ICBF), including Maria Francisca Concha, Zulma Fonseca, Ana Maria Peñuela and Yaneth Romero, for answering many questions about the details of the programme Hogares Comunitarios. Special thanks to Jere Behrman, Raquel Bernal, Alejandro Gaviria, Luis Carlos Gómez, Aureo de Paula, Ximena Peña, Jim Smith, Emla Fitzsimons, Petra Todd and the editor for providing us with useful comments. Excellent research assistance was provided by Soledad Giardili. Any errors are the sole responsibility of the authors. The authors acknowledge financial support from the ESRC-DFID Grant RES-167-25-0124 and ESRC-NCRM Node ‘Programme Evaluation for Policy Analysis’ Grant ES/I03685X/1. Attanasio and Vera's research was also financed by Advanced ERC Grant 249612 on ‘Exiting Long Run Poverty: The determinants of asset accumulation in developing countries’.
Community Nurseries and the Nutritional Status of Poor Children. Evidence from Colombia
Article first published online: 2 APR 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 571, pages 1025–1058, September 2013
How to Cite
Attanasio, O. P., Maro, V. D. and Vera-Hernández, M. (2013), Community Nurseries and the Nutritional Status of Poor Children. Evidence from Colombia. The Economic Journal, 123: 1025–1058. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12020
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 2 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 DEC 2012 12:52PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 NOV 2011
- ‘Programme Evaluation for Policy Analysis’. Grant Number: ES/I03685X/1
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!