This article has benefited from comments by Manuel Bagues, Daniel Baumgarten, Lex Borghans, Lorenzo Cappellari, Toman Omar Mahmoud and seminar participants at the Kiel Institute for the World Economy and the Berlin Network of Labor Market Research (BeNA), and especially from comments by two anonymous referees and the editor, Antonio Ciccone. Thomas Bauer is grateful to the German-Israeli Foundation for Scientific Research and Development (GIF) for the financial support. The views expressed here reflect those of the authors and not of the GIF. The empirical work was done during research visits at GESIS. The authors thank Paul Lüttinger for help with the data set. All remaining errors are our own.
The Economic Integration of Forced Migrants: Evidence for Post-War Germany
Article first published online: 4 APR 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 571, pages 998–1024, September 2013
How to Cite
Bauer, T. K., Braun, S. and Kvasnicka, M. (2013), The Economic Integration of Forced Migrants: Evidence for Post-War Germany. The Economic Journal, 123: 998–1024. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12023
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 DEC 2012 12:39PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!