We thank David Myatt, two anonymous referees, Alberto Alesina, Allan Drazen, Georgy Egorov, Ruben Enikolopov, Nicola Gennaioli, John Moore, Massimo Morelli, Torsten Persson, Giacomo Ponzetto, Marko Terviö, Jaume Ventura, Fabrizio Zilibotti and seminar participants at the NBER Summer Institute PEPF 2010, EDP Jamboree 2010, the CEPR Workshop ‘Politics, Information and the Macroeconomy’, Toulouse School of Economics, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Universidade do Minho, University of Helsinki, IMT, IAE, ENTER Jamboree 2012, RES Meeting 2012, CEPR ESSIM 2012, SED Annual Meeting 2012, EEA Annual Meeting 2012, University of Mannheim and University of Zurich for comments. We also thank Tomaz Cajner for research assistance. Earlier versions of this article were circulated with the title ‘The Political Cost of Reforms’. We acknowledge financial support from the ERC Grant GOPG 240989, the Fundación Ramón Areces and the Ministerio de Ciencia e Inovación (grant ECO2008-04785).
Uncertainty, Electoral Incentives and Political Myopia
Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 568, pages 373–400, May 2013
How to Cite
Bonfiglioli, A. and Gancia, G. (2013), Uncertainty, Electoral Incentives and Political Myopia. The Economic Journal, 123: 373–400. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12029
- Issue published online: 26 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 26 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!