We are grateful to anonymous referees for valuable feedback on a previous version of this article. In addition, we thank several colleagues for their interest and comments, particularly Pete Kyle, Kevin Sheppard, David Myatt, Paul Klemperer, Andrea Prat, Ian Jewitt, David Hendry, Andrew Patton, Neil Shephard, Clare Leaver, Markus Eberhardt, Thomas Flury and Nathaniel Frank. Versions of the article were presented at the Symposium of the Southern Economic Journal on Gambling, Prediction Markets and Public Policy, the 28th Annual International Symposium on Forecasting, the Oxford–Man Institute of Quantitative Finance, Nuffield College, Oxford University's Economics Department, the Conference in Honour of David Hendry and the IMA's First International Conference on Mathematical Modelling in Sport. We received many helpful comments at these events. Both authors have benefitted from the financial assistance of the Economic and Social Research Council and the Economics Department at Oxford. Croxson also gratefully acknowledges support from the Oxford–Man Institute of Quantitative Finance and from New College, Oxford. An earlier version of this article appeared in Croxson's doctoral dissertation.
Information and Efficiency: Goal Arrival in Soccer Betting
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 124, Issue 575, pages 62–91, March 2014
How to Cite
Croxson, K. and James Reade, J. (2014), Information and Efficiency: Goal Arrival in Soccer Betting. The Economic Journal, 124: 62–91. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12033
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 MAR 2013 01:27PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 SEP 2011
- Economic and Social Research Council
- Economics Department at Oxford
- Oxford–Man Institute of Quantitative Finance
- New College, Oxford
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!