I thank my advisors Timothy Guinnane, Benjamin Polak and Christopher Udry for their guidance. I also thank Tayo Adesina, Achyuta Adhvaryu, Gareth Austin, Reena Badiani, Benjamin Chabot, Adrian de la Garza, Rahul Deb, Shatakshee Dhongde, Oded Galor, Nils-Petter Lagerlöf, Naomi Lamoreaux, Giuseppe Moscarini, Nathan Nunn, Sheilagh Ogilvie, Jörn-Steffen Pischke, Florian Ploeckl, Mark Rosenzweig, Mir Salim, Veronica Santarosa, Ed Vytlacil, Warren Whatley, Ademola Yakubu and the participants of the Economic History Association Annual Meeting, the Canadian Network for Economic History, the NEUDC, the LSE African Economic History Seminar and seminars at the University of Warwick, Princeton University, Washington University in St Louis, Northwestern University, the University of Rochester, the University of Toronto, Boston University and the University of Oxford for their comments and advice. Extra thanks are due to Christian Dippel and Nathan Nunn for their generous sharing of maps.
Does Land Abundance Explain African Institutions?
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 573, pages 1363–1390, December 2013
How to Cite
Fenske, J. (2013), Does Land Abundance Explain African Institutions?. The Economic Journal, 123: 1363–1390. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12034
- Issue published online: 13 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 MAR 2013 01:27PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 8 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!