This study is part of a larger project funded by the Templeton Foundation. Without its support none of this would have been possible. In addition, Paola Sapienza thanks the Zell Center, and Luigi Zingales thanks the Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP) and the Initiative on Global Markets at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business for financial support. Anna Toldra-Simats thanks the Kellogg School of Management (Northwestern University) because this is where this study started. We thank Ernesto Reuben for valuable suggestions throughout the process of writing this article, and Janice Luce and Peggy Eppink for editorial help. We also thank three anonymous referees.
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 573, pages 1313–1332, December 2013
How to Cite
Sapienza, P., Toldra-Simats, A. and Zingales, L. (2013), Understanding Trust. The Economic Journal, 123: 1313–1332. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12036
- Issue published online: 13 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 MAR 2013 01:28PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2009
- Templeton Foundation
- Zell Center
- Center for Research in Security Prices
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!