We thank for comments Refet Gürkaynak, our discussant Anja Baum, as well as participants at seminars at Bonn University, HEI Geneva, the BIS, FU Berlin, University of St Gallen, the ECB, University of Navarra, the Bank of England, the 2010 Konstanz Seminar on Monetary Theory and Policy, the 2010 Finlawmetrics conference, the University of Münster/Viessmann European Research Centre/NBP conference ‘Heterogeneous Nations and Globalized Financial Markets: New Challenges for Central Banks’, the CEPR/ESI 14th Annual Conference and the BoK-BIS Conference on Macroprudential Regulation and Policy. We are also grateful to a large number of colleagues in various central banks for their help in identifying the release dates of Financial Stability Reports. Earlier versions of this article have been circulated under the title ‘Macroprudential policy and central bank communication’. This article presents the authors' personal opinions and does not necessarily reflect the views of the European Central Bank.
Central Bank Communication on Financial Stability
Version of Record online: 1 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 124, Issue 577, pages 701–734, June 2014
How to Cite
Born, B., Ehrmann, M. and Fratzscher, M. (2014), Central Bank Communication on Financial Stability. The Economic Journal, 124: 701–734. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12039
- Issue online: 16 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 1 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 MAR 2013 09:31AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 30 AUG 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!