We thank three anonymous referees, the editor and Per-Anders Edin, Ernst Fehr, Peter Fredriksson, John Ham, Per Johansson, Per Pettersson-Lidbom, Peter Skogman Thoursie and Jonas Vlachos for their comments. We also thank Carl-Johan Smedeby at Sida for an excellent collaboration and the representatives at Forum Syd, LO/TCO, The Olof Palme International Centre and the Swedish Mission Council for helpful remarks. Valuable research assistance was provided by Filippa Frisk, Karin Melldahl, Christopher Nordenlöw, Marcus Pettersson, Jonas Pålsson, Ida Viklund and Johan Wikström. Financial support from the Swedish Council for Working Life and Social Research (FAS: dnr 2007-0122) is gratefully acknowledged.
Replacing Trust with Control: A Field Test of Motivation Crowd Out Theory
Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 124, Issue 577, pages 833–858, June 2014
How to Cite
Bengtsson, N. and Engström, P. (2014), Replacing Trust with Control: A Field Test of Motivation Crowd Out Theory. The Economic Journal, 124: 833–858. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12049
- Issue online: 16 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 APR 2013 04:32AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!