The authors thank the editor, Antonio Ciccone and two anonymous referees for their very valuable comments and suggestions. They also thank Oriol Aspachs, who for professional reasons did not continue with the project. They also thank Manuel Arellano, Oriana Bandiera, Robin Burgess, Antonio Cabrales, Francesco Caselli, Maitreesh Ghatak, Luigi Guiso, Eliana La Ferrara, Ramón Marimón and seminar participants at the London School of Economics, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, EUI, CEMFI, Universita' Bocconi, Universita' di Pisa, IMT Lucca, University of Bristol, University of Mannheim, University of Warwick, Universita' di Bologna, University of Essex, Queen Mary, University of London, IAE-CSIC, University of Cambridge and University of Edinburgh. The authors also thank Olympia Bover for the migration data provided and participants at the 2007 EEA meeting, the 2007 SAE, the 2008 annual RES conference, the 2008 ESPE conference and the 2008 NASM of the Econometric Society. This article combines material presented in two working papers (Aspachs-Bacons et al. 2007a, b). A previous version of this article circulated under the name ‘The Effect of Language at School on Identity and Political Outlooks’. Irma Clots-Figueras gratefully acknowledges financial support from the MEC grants SEJ2004-07861, SEJ2007-67436 and ECO2011-29762.
Education, Language and Identity
Version of Record online: 2 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 570, pages F332–F357, August 2013
How to Cite
Clots-Figueras, I. and Masella, P. (2013), Education, Language and Identity. The Economic Journal, 123: F332–F357. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12051
- Issue online: 2 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 MAY 2013 08:56AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 JUN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!