The authors thank Emla Fitzsimons, David Figlio, Steve Gibbons, Steve Pischke, Alan Manning and Marcos Vera Hernandez for very useful comments. They also thank participants at the CESifo Area Conference on Economics of Education (Munich, September 2011); and seminars at the University of Bologna, University College Dublin and the Centre for Economic Performance, LSE. They further thank Brian Bell and Steve Gibbons for help on data availability. This study has been funded by the Nuffield Foundation. However, the views expressed are those of the grant holder and not those of the Foundation.
Non-native Speakers of English in the Classroom: What Are the Effects on Pupil Performance?*
Version of Record online: 2 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 123, Issue 570, pages F281–F307, August 2013
How to Cite
Geay, C., McNally, S. and Telhaj, S. (2013), Non-native Speakers of English in the Classroom: What Are the Effects on Pupil Performance?. The Economic Journal, 123: F281–F307. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12054
- Issue online: 2 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 MAY 2013 08:56AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!