We thank Andrea Gallotti (the editor) and two anonymous referees, Richard Blundell, Pat Bayer, David Card, Joan de Marti, Matt Harding, Caroline Hoxby, Matt Jackson, Pat Klein, Thomas Lemieux, Enrico Moretti, Eleonora Patacchini, Jesse Rothstein and seminar participants at UC-Berkeley, NBER SI 2010, UCLA, UC-Davis, Universitá di Bologna, Stockholm University, Uppsala University. We are also grateful to Bocconi University for allowing access to their archives. In particular, Giacomo Carrai, Mariele Chirulli, Mariapia Chisari, Alessandro Ciarlo, Enrica Greggio, Gabriella Maggioni, Erika Palazzo, Giovanni Pavese, Cherubino Profeta, Alessandra Startari and Mariangela Vago have all been a constant source of precious help and information. The usual disclaimer applies. Authors are also affiliated with Barcelona GSE, UAB, BREAD, CEPR, NBER, fRDB and IZA, fRDB respectively. De Giorgi acknowledges financial support from the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, Grant ECO2011-28822, and the Severo Ochoa Programme for Centres of Excellence in R&D (SEV-2011-0075).
Understanding Social Interactions: Evidence from the Classroom
Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2013
© 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 124, Issue 579, pages 917–953, September 2014
How to Cite
De Giorgi, G. and Pellizzari, M. (2014), Understanding Social Interactions: Evidence from the Classroom. The Economic Journal, 124: 917–953. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12083
Authors are also affiliated with Barcelona GSE, UAB, BREAD, CEPR, NBER, fRDB and IGIER, IZA, fRDB respectively
- Issue online: 1 SEP 2014
- Version of Record online: 21 NOV 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 AUG 2013 05:11AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 FEB 2013
- Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness. Grant Number: ECO2011-28822
- Severo Ochoa Programme for Centres of Excellence in R&D. Grant Number: SEV-2011-0075
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!