We thank Thomas Stratmann, Daniel Houser, Kevin McCabe, David Eil, Omar Al-Ubaydli, Bryan Caplan, Kevin Arceneaux and several anonymous referees, as well as seminar participants at the George Mason University graduate student paper workshop, the 2011 Public Choice Society Conference, the 2011 Southern Economic Association Conference, the 2012 North American Economic Science Association Conference, Iowa State University and the 2012 NYU CESS 5th Annual Experimental Political Science Conference. We cannot thank enough our cooperating candidate, who tirelessly executed our protocol. We gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Center for the Study of Public Choice at George Mason University. All errors are, of course, our own.
What Persuades Voters? A Field Experiment on Political Campaigning
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2014
© 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 124, Issue 574, pages F293–F326, February 2014
How to Cite
Barton, J., Castillo, M. and Petrie, R. (2014), What Persuades Voters? A Field Experiment on Political Campaigning. The Economic Journal, 124: F293–F326. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12093
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 28 OCT 2013 09:05AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!