We thank members of the BC Citizens' Assembly and Fair Voting BC, especially Arjun Singh, Wendy Bergerud and Maxwell Anderson. We are also very grateful to members of the BC-STV campaign. The campaign manager, Susan Anderson-Behn, as well as Maggie Gilbert and David Gagnon provided invaluable input and cooperation. Thanks to the canvassers and enumerators involved in carrying out the project. We thank our research project managers, Stewart Prest and Pierce O Reilly, for handling the coordination of enumerators. Don Green and David Epstein gave thoughtful comments on the project design and John Bullock and Jon Eguia provided helpful comments on our analysis. We thank seminar participants at the 2009 APSA meetings and at Oxford and NYU. Thanks to Kjell Rubenson, Antje Ellermann and Alan Jacobs for help during the field work and to Ross Jenkins, Tina Narang, Ali Cirone and Sarah Khan for terrific research assistance. We thank Columbia University, the London School of Economics and Ryerson University for financial support.
The Elements of Political Persuasion: Content, Charisma and Cue
Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2014
© 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 124, Issue 574, pages F257–F292, February 2014
How to Cite
Dewan, T., Humphreys, M. and Rubenson, D. (2014), The Elements of Political Persuasion: Content, Charisma and Cue. The Economic Journal, 124: F257–F292. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12112
- Issue online: 24 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 NOV 2013 11:27AM EST
- Columbia University
- London School of Economics
- Ryerson University
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!