This is a revised version of an earlier article prepared for the Columbia University Center on Capitalism and Society Annual Conference, November 2010. We are grateful to the editor, Wouter den Haan, two anonymous referees and to Piergiorgio Alessandri, Richard Barwell, Salina Ladha, Roland Meeks, Victoria Saporta, Misa Tanaka, Alan Taylor, seminar participants at the Columbia University Center on Capitalism and Society, the Central Bank of Turkey and Maryland University for comments on earlier versions. Thanks to Vijay Balle and Clare Rogowski for excellent research assistance and to Moritz Schularick and Alan Taylor for making their data available to us. Disclaimer: opinions expressed in this work are those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Bank of England, the MPC or the FPC.
Curbing the Credit Cycle
Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2014
© 2013 Bank of England. The Economic Journal © 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 125, Issue 585, pages 1072–1109, June 2015
How to Cite
Aikman, D., Haldane, A. G. and Nelson, B. D. (2015), Curbing the Credit Cycle. The Economic Journal, 125: 1072–1109. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12113
- Issue online: 12 JUN 2015
- Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 NOV 2013 11:27AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 OCT 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!