I thank Steve Thompson for his support in the preparation of this study. I am grateful to an anonymous referee for comments. I thank the following for discussions and advice: Matthew Bidwell, Rocio Bonet, Peter Cappelli, Gina Dokko, Lerong He, Kevin Murphy, Simon Peck, Graham Sadler, Mike Useem, Zhifang Zhang and seminar participants at Lancaster University, Instituto de Empresa, ESSEC Business School and Singapore Management University. Research assistance was provided by Teresa Baik, Kofi Darkoh, Chloe Wayne and Zhifang Zhang. Support from the Center for Human Resources at the Wharton School is gratefully acknowledged.
Executive Compensation and Board Governance in US Firms
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2014
© 2013 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 124, Issue 574, pages F60–F89, February 2014
How to Cite
Conyon, M. J. (2014), Executive Compensation and Board Governance in US Firms. The Economic Journal, 124: F60–F89. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12120
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 DEC 2013 05:51AM EST
- Wharton School
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!