I thank Frederic Vermeulen, the editor, and three anonymous referees for their comments and suggestions that have greatly improved the manuscript. I also thank Ted Miguel for his insights and constant encouragement and Betty Sadoulet for her patient guidance. In addition, I thank Michael Anderson, Marshall Burke, Steve Buck, William Dow, Fred Finan, Paul Gertler, Susan Godlonton, Kelly Jones, Jeremy Magruder, John Maluccio, Rebecca Thornton and participants at the UC Berkeley Development Seminar, Northeast Universities Development Consortium, ARE Departmental Seminar, Pacific Development Conference, and Midwest International Development Conference for their advice and suggestions. Data for this study come from The Voluntary HIV1 Counselling and Testing study (which) was sponsored by UNAIDS/WHO, AIDSCAP/Family Health International and the Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco. All errors remain my own.
HIV Testing and Risky Sexual Behaviour
Version of Record online: 25 JUN 2014
© 2014 Royal Economic Society
The Economic Journal
Volume 125, Issue 582, pages 32–60, February 2015
How to Cite
Gong, E. (2015), HIV Testing and Risky Sexual Behaviour. The Economic Journal, 125: 32–60. doi: 10.1111/ecoj.12125
- Issue online: 26 JAN 2015
- Version of Record online: 25 JUN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 FEB 2014 11:50PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 AUG 2012
- AIDSCAP/Family Health International
- Center for AIDS Prevention Studies
- University of California, San Francisco
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!