Ruben Seiberlich gratefully acknowledges support received from the State of Baden-Württemberg through its LGFG-scholarship. Alina Botezat acknowledges support received within the Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development (SOP HRD), financed from the European Social Fund and by the Romanian Government under the contract number POSDRU- 6/1.5/S/25. This article benefited from helpful ideas and discussions with Benjamin Hess, Elisabeta Jaba, Fabian Krüger, Friedhelm Pfeiffer and especially our supervisor Winfried Pohlmeier. Moreover, we are very grateful to Ronald Oaxaca for his comments and we thank the seminar participants at the University of Konstanz, the University of Iaşi and the ZEW seminar 2012, as well as the session participants at the Annual Meeting of the Irish Society of New Economists 2010, Dublin, at the Annual Meetings of the Society of Labor Economists (SOLE) 2011, Vancouver, and at the European Meeting of the Econometric Society (ESEM) 2011, Oslo, for their helpful comments. We also thank the editor and an anonymous referee for their very helpful comments. All remaining errors are ours.
Educational performance gaps in Eastern Europe†
Article first published online: 16 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors Economics of Transition © 2013 The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Economics of Transition
Volume 21, Issue 4, pages 731–756, October 2013
How to Cite
Botezat, A. and Seiberlich, R. R. (2013), Educational performance gaps in Eastern Europe. Economics of Transition, 21: 731–756. doi: 10.1111/ecot.12027
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 16 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 5 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!