We thank two anonymous referees for very helpful comments and suggestions. We are also grateful to Ministério do Trabalho e da Solidariedade Social for allowing access to data from Quadros de Pessoal. Financial support was provided by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (under the grant PTDC/EGE-ECO/102914/2008) through the ‘Programa Operacional Temático Factores de Competitividade (COMPETE)’ of the ‘Quadro Comunitário de Apoio III’, which is partially funded by FEDER. The views expressed herein are solely those of the authors and not necessarily those of the World Bank.
The impact of private vs. public ownership on the level and structure of employment†
Article first published online: 22 JAN 2014
© 2014 The Authors Economics of Transition © 2014 The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Economics of Transition
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 247–280, April 2014
How to Cite
Bastos, P., Monteiro, N. P. and Straume, O. R. (2014), The impact of private vs. public ownership on the level and structure of employment. Economics of Transition, 22: 247–280. doi: 10.1111/ecot.12038
- Issue published online: 14 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 22 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 OCT 2012
- Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology. Grant Number: PTDC/EGE-ECO/102914/2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!