Early Intervention in the Real World
Pilot programme of modular symptom-specific group cognitive behaviour therapy in a ‘Real World’ early intervention in psychosis service
Article first published online: 24 JAN 2013
© 2013 Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Early Intervention in Psychiatry
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 221–229, May 2013
How to Cite
Raune, D. and Law, S. (2013), Pilot programme of modular symptom-specific group cognitive behaviour therapy in a ‘Real World’ early intervention in psychosis service. Early Intervention in Psychiatry, 7: 221–229. doi: 10.1111/eip.12025
- Issue published online: 25 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 24 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAY 2012
- 2A group psychotherapeutic intervention during recovery from first episode psychosis. In: Gleeson JFM , McGorry P , eds. Psychological Interventions in Early Psychosis. Chichester: Wiley, 2004; 117–136., , .
- 5The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy, 5th edn. New York: Perseus Books Group, 2005., .
- 6Group cognitive behavioural therapy for delusions: helping patients improve reality testing. J Contemp Psychother 2006; 36: 9–17., , , .
- 7Cognitive group therapy for paranoid schizophrenics: applying cognitive dissonance. J Cogn Psychother 1998; 12: 3–12., , .
- 8Battling boredom: group cognitive behavioural therapy for negative symptoms of schizophrenia. Behav Cogn Psychother 2002; 30: 341–346., , , .
- 14Developing culturally sensitive cognitive behaviour therapy for psychosis for ethnic minority patients by exploration and incorporation of service users' and health professionals' views and opinions. Behav Cogn Psychother 2010; 38: 511–533., , , .
- 15Office for National Statistics. The United Kingdom Census. Norwich: Her Majesty's Stationery Office, 2001.
- 16Proposal to map, monitor, and meet clinical psychological need in early intervention psychosis services. Clin Psychol Forum 2011; 226: 23–28., .
- 18The Scale for the Assessment of Negative Symptoms (SANS). Iowa: University of Iowa, 1984..
- 19Bieling PJ , McCabe RE , Anthony MM , eds. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in Groups. New York: Guildford Press, 2006; 88–103.
- 20Hagen R , Turkington D , Berge T , Grawe RW , eds. CBT for Psychosis: A Symptom-Based Approach. East Sussex: Routledge, 2011.
- 21Schizophrenia: Cognitive Theory, Research, and Therapy. New York: The Guildford Press, 2009., , , .
- 22Cognitive Therapy for Psychosis: A Formulation-Based Approach. London and New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2004., , , , .
- 23Group person-based cognitive therapy for distressing voices: pilot data for nine groups. J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 2011; 42: 111–116., , , , , .
- 26Edwards J , McGorry PD , eds. Implementing Early Intervention in Psychosis: A Guide to Establishing Early Psychotic Services. London: Martin Dunitz, 2002.
- 27Early Psychosis Prevention and Intervention Centre. Working with groups in early psychosis: No. 3 in a series of early psychosis manuals. Victoria, Australia: Mental Health Branch, Human Services Victoria, 2000.