Differential androgen receptor expression and DNA methylation state in striatum song nucleus Area X between wild and domesticated songbird strains
Article first published online: 22 MAY 2013
© 2013 Federation of European Neuroscience Societies and John Wiley & Sons Ltd
European Journal of Neuroscience
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 2600–2610, August 2013
How to Cite
Wada, K., Hayase, S., Imai, R., Mori, C., Kobayashi, M., Liu, W.-c., Takahasi, M. and Okanoya, K. (2013), Differential androgen receptor expression and DNA methylation state in striatum song nucleus Area X between wild and domesticated songbird strains. European Journal of Neuroscience, 38: 2600–2610. doi: 10.1111/ejn.12258
- Issue published online: 18 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 22 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 11 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 DEC 2012
- Asahi Glass Foundation, Astellas Foundation for Research on Metabolic Disorders
- RIKEN BSI
- JSPS Fellows. Grant Number: 11J40220
- Scientific Research from MEXT. Grant Numbers: 21681024 & 23115701, 16011208
Fig. S1. AR mRNA expression ratios between song nuclei in WRM and BF.
Fig. S2. Circulating testosterone levels in WRM and BF.
Fig. S3. AR protein expression in Bengalese finch song nuclei.
Fig. S4. AR and GAD65 expression in Bengalese finch song nuclei.
Fig. S5. Genome comparison of the upstream region of AR between WRM and BF.
Fig. S6. AR expression in Area X in the presence of excessive quantities of testosterone.
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.