Early growth of environmental plantings in relation to site and management factors
Article first published online: 15 DEC 2012
© 2012 Ecological Society of Australia
Ecological Management & Restoration
Volume 14, Issue 1, pages 25–31, January 2013
How to Cite
England, J. R., Franks, E. J., Weston, C. J. and Polglase, P. J. (2013), Early growth of environmental plantings in relation to site and management factors. Ecological Management & Restoration, 14: 25–31. doi: 10.1111/emr.12020
- Issue published online: 28 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 15 DEC 2012
- ABARES (2004) Atlas of Australian Soils. Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences, Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry, Canberra.
- 2000) Optimising the Growth of Trees Planted on Farms – A Survey of Farm Tree and Shrub Establishments of the Northwest Slopes and Plains and Northern Tablelands of NSW. Greening Australia, Armidale. . (
- Anon. (2003a) North Central Regional Catchment Strategy 2003–2007. North Central Catchment Management Authority, Victoria.
- Anon. (2003b) Goulburn Broken Regional Catchment Management Strategy, November 2003. Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority, Victoria.
- 2009) Mapping and monitoring revegetation activities in Australia – towards national core attributes. Australasian Journal of Environmental Management 16, 140–148. and (
- 1997) Birds on farms: repairing the rural landscape. Wingspan 7, 10–13. (
- 1997) Land use, habitat change and the conservation of birds in fragmented rural environments: a landscape perspective from the northern Plains, Victoria, Australia. Pacific Conservation Biology 3, 244–261. and (
- 1992) The role of shelter in Australia for protecting soils, plants and livestock. Agroforestry Systems 20, 59–86. , , et al. (
- 2005) Improved Passive and New Intensive Direct Seeding for Woody Crops: A Review of the Scope for Improvement of the Technique in Temperate Australia, Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation. Joint Venture Agroforestry Program, Canberra. , , and (
- 2003) Revegetation to combat tree decline in the Midlands and Derwent Valley Lowlands of Tasmania: practices for improved plant establishment. Ecological Management and Restoration 4, 29–36. and (
- Commonwealth of Australia (2005) National Action Plan for Salinity and Water Quality and Natural Heritage Trust Regional Programs Summary Report 2003-04, Departments of the Environment and Heritage and Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Canberra.
- 2003) Revegetation Techniques – A Guide for Establishing Native Vegetation in Victoria. Greening Australia (Victoria), Horsham. . (
- 2001) Monitoring Plant and Animal Populations. Blackwell Science Pty Ltd, Carlton, Victoria. , , and (
- 2006). Rates of carbon sequestration in environmental establishments in north-central Victoria. In: Proceedings Veg Futures 2006 Conference - Greening Australia, 19–23 March 2006, Albury. Available at: http://ga.yourasp.com.au/vegfutures/pages/images/Colloquium%20B1_England.pdf (accessed 8/5/12) , , and . (
- 2009) Effects of management techniques on the establishment of eucalypt seedlings on farmland: a review. Agroforestry Systems 77, 59–81. , and (
- Hassall and Associates (1999) The Measurement of Plantations of Trees in South Australia to Improve the Estimates of Carbon Sequestration in Low Rainfall Areas. Environment Australia, Canberra.
- 2001) Using spatial interpolation to construct a comprehensive archive of Australian climate data. Environmental Modelling and Software 16, 309–330. , , and (
- 2010) Carbon stocks in above-ground biomass of monoculture plantations, mixed species plantations and environmental restoration establishments in north-east Australia. Ecological Management and Restoration 11, 119–126. and (
- 2000) Estimation of Soil Properties Using the Atlas of Australian Soils. CSIRO Land and Water Technical Report 11/00. CSIRO Land and Water, Canberra. , , , and . (
- 1974) Aims and Methods of Vegetation Ecology. John Wiley & Sons, New York. and . (
- 1990) Direct seeding – the Tasmanian experience. In: Sowing the Seeds: Direct Seeding and Natural Regeneration Conference. Proceedings of a Conference Held in Adelaide, 22–25 May 1990, pp. 81–87. Greening Australia, Canberra. . (
- 1994) Factors Influencing the Success of Direct Seeding in Three Regions of Victoria. MSc Thesis, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne. . (
- 2002) Trees, Water and Salt: An Australian Guide to Using Trees for Healthy Catchments and Productive Farms, Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation, Canberra, ACT. , and (
- 1999) Effects of Trees on Native Pasture Production on the Southern Tablelands. Publication No. 99/165. Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation, Canberra. , , , , and . (
- 1997) Woodland restoration in the Western Australian wheatbelt: a conceptual framework using a state and transition model. Restoration Ecology 5, 28–36. and (
- 2000) Temperate eucalypt woodlands in Australia – an overview. In: Temperate Eucalypt Woodlands in Australia (eds. R. J. Hobbs and C. J. Yates), pp. 1–5. Surrey Beatty and Sons, Chipping Norton. and . (
- 2009) VegTrack: A structured vegetation restoration activity database. Ecological Management and Restoration 10, 136–144. , , , and (