Mortality by clinical characteristics in a tertiary care cohort of adult patients with chronic epilepsy
Article first published online: 25 OCT 2012
Wiley Periodicals, Inc. © 2012 International League Against Epilepsy
Volume 53, Issue 12, pages e212–e214, December 2012
How to Cite
Nevalainen, O., Auvinen, A., Ansakorpi, H., Artama, M., Raitanen, J. and Isojärvi, J. (2012), Mortality by clinical characteristics in a tertiary care cohort of adult patients with chronic epilepsy. Epilepsia, 53: e212–e214. doi: 10.1111/epi.12006
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 25 OCT 2012
- Accepted September 3, 2012; Early View publication October 25, 2012.
- Commission on Classification and Terminology of the ILAE. (1981) Proposal for revised clinical and electroencephalographic classification of epileptic seizures. Epilepsia22:489–501.
- Commission on Classification and Terminology of the International League Against Epilepsy. (1989) Proposal for revised classification of epilepsies and epileptic syndromes. Epilepsia30:389–399.
- 1980) Mortality in patients with epilepsy. Epilepsia21:399–412. , , . (
- 2007) Mortality in epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav10:363–376. , , , . (
- 2001) Mortality in epilepsy in the first 11 to 14 years after diagnosis: multivariate analysis of a long-term, prospective, population-based cohort. Ann Neurol49:336–344. , , , , , . (
- 2006) Mortality in adults with newly diagnosed and chronic epilepsy: a retrospective comparative study. Lancet Neurol5:481–487. , , , , , . (
- 2010) Temporal trends in the mortality of people with epilepsy: a review. Epilepsia51:2241–2246. , , , . (
- 2005) Antimitochondrial antibodies in patients with epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav7:95–97. , , , , , , , . (
- 2002) Survival of patients with epilepsy: an estimate of the mortality risk. Epilepsia43:445–450. , , , , . (
- 2010) Long-term mortality in childhood-onset epilepsy. N Engl J Med363:2522–2529. , . (
- Working group set up by the Finnish Medical Society Duodecim and the Finnish Neurological Society. (2008) Epilepsies (adults), Current Care guideline. Duodecim124:2874–2888.